Saturday, January 21, 2006

Master Molder!

So with my project to turn my Chaplain in Terminator armour into a Legion of the Damned Librarian, I decided that I was going to need to add some of their symbols to him. With this in mind I have turned to mold making using some of the bone markings on the LotD marines in hopes of being able to reproduce good copies. As you can see below it was rather success ful so I'm now trying to do the skull from ForgeWorld and I hope to affix one to the Librarian's shoulderpad and I need a softer medium (softer than resin) to bend it over the curve of the shoulderpad. As soon as I have a couple more bits cast and I figure out how to reproduce the flames on the models as I like them raised instead of simply painted on, I will be moving forward on this project.

Of course having a sinus infection is taking a lot of my drive away and not much modeling has taken place during the last week.

Stay tuned for more!!


Forgeworld skull that comes with the purity seals.
Librarian skull with horns.
Legion of the damned belt buckle that some marines sport.
Bone decoration taken from the leg of a LotD marine

3 comments:

Kirith Kodachi said...

Wow, that's really cool! I would have never thought of using green stuff that way.

The Shine said...

Nice find!

I'm sure this will come in handy for many a modeler.

Allison M. said...

Nice. Soon you'll be giving Scibor a run for his money ;)