Tuesday, January 10, 2006

The dangers of digital photography

So here they are. Just about done and yet, now that I've seen close up pictures, I'm seeing little things that my eyes missed. Ah well, once the couple gems are painted and a couple touch-ups are done between some bones where some white paint crept in, they will be done, minus basing and a very very much needed blast of matt coat to get rid of the shine that the chestnut wash left behind. They will be moved onto skull bases from Epicast that are in the works right now.



Here's all 9 of them. The flames turned out really well I think and they really help to give these guys a spark that was lacking with only black and bleached bone before.

My special weapon Marine armed with by far the best looking pose in the squad and a meltagun.


A good look at the flame pattern that turned out so well. I based in white then did 2 glazes of each yellow, orange and red.


These guys were not only my first Marines, but my first shot at using glazes and all in all, I like the result. I also tried emulating GW's suggested way of doing the lenses on the helmets, trying to add some depths to them and the pictures work even though to the naked eye they don't look quite right yet. More practice!! You can also see around the "mouthpiece" where my brushstrokes got a littles sloppy. Even after going over these guys closely, one at a time to check for oopses, it would seem that some snuck through. Good enough for the table-top though I think!


I now have all the piece I need for the Heavy Weapon Marine for the squad so he will be appearing shortly, hopefully sooner rather than later.

2 comments:

Spanky_100 said...

Very decent models! Would you mind if I added your blog site to mine?

Andrew.

AbuShaitahn said...

Hey there Spanky_100

Thanks for stopping by. Please do and I'll return the favour.

Cheers,
Keith