Thursday, March 09, 2006

Bases!

With my next Legion of the damned Dreadnought well underway (construction wise that is), I decided that I wanted a bit more flavour to the skull base I am planning to use. I am using the resin skull bases from Epicast for my Legion of the Damned army. Now while there is nothing wrong with the bases themselves, I find that not only is it very difficult to actually stand a model on the skulls (one would think that someone with the size and bulk of a Space Marine would crush the bones) so I have decided to fire up the trusty dremel tool and cut off some of the skulls. I will be filling in the gaps with pieces of cork for rocks which will not only break up the monotonous colour on the bases but also provide at least one flat foothold for the figures.

So last night I cut away part of the large base for the Dreadnought and glued on some cork, adding some extra bones and some glue/sand mixture to again add a little bit of life to the base.


And with a little more sand it's ready for the big guy.

Now to do it 10 times on my small bases for the marines I "finished" over Christmas. 8)

No comments: